Friday 10 April 2015

Bee Happy...

Good morning, Blogger friends!  I would like you to picture the scene...I was sat on the bench in the front with a cup of tea yesterday afternoon, in the warm sunshine, overlooking the Berwyn mountain range.  The lambs were bleating in the fields, the birds were singing and you could hear the distant hum of a lawn mower...suddenly, rising out of the bush in front of me like an apache helicopter and with sound effect to boot, was a huge bumblebee!...
This bush is a mass of flowers this year and the bumblebees seem to love it!
Now a couple of days ago, I received the Spellbinders hexagon die set that I ordered after seeing lots of clever cards on Pinterest and they have been sat on my table, unopened since.  Well Mr Bumblebee gave me inspiration to open them up and get creative!  This is what I came up with...
...I used the smallest hexagon die and one of my new papers to create a honeycomb background, then die cut a frame from antique gold cardstock...
...I needed some bees, so had a root around in my die box to see what I could come up with and came across the Marianne stitched flower and leaf die.  I used the leaf die, minus the stem as the body and cut it in black, yellow and white for each bee so that I could cut and piece the detail.  The flower was cut from silver detail vellum, then cut down to two heart shapes for the wings.  I added some cream jute/hessian and bakers twine with a small sunflower charm and bow...
...The inside was finished with a printed insert.
I like the way this little card turned out and all thanks to a bumblebee!  I wonder where you will find inspiration?! The sun is still shining today - I won't know what to do when this spell of warm weather ends, it'll be a bit of a shock to the system, although it has been fabulous for the school holidays, the kids have been out everyday and playing in the river! Better than sitting on their electronic gadgets!
It's workshop tomorrow, so I'd better go and check everything is in the boxes ready - have a fabulous weekend and I'll be back soon with some more craftiness.
Hugs,
I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges :
Use Die Cuts until 20th
Wings 2nd entry until 18th
They who have Wings 2nd entry until 13th
Anything Goes until 13th
Mellow Yellow until 13th

21 comments:

Karen Dunbrook said...

very cute and fun..love how you did the little bee wings....

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Hi Lisa, what a fun and ingenious card you have created here using these dies for your bumble bees. I love your honeycomb and frame, I must admit these hexagon dies have been sitting unused in my drawer for some time, you have spurred me on to get them out and use them.
Hope you enjoy your weekend.
Lorraine

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Hi, back again to thank you for also joining in the challenge at Top Tip Tuesday!
Lorraine DT

Crafty KJ said...

Love these little bees, so cute and very clever! Perfect with your new dies too Lisa. Enjoy this lovely weather and I'll see you tomorrow,
hugs, Karen xx

Jacee said...

I can picture the scene Lisa, sounds ideal and tranquil, must be a lovely place to live, as for the bee, well, we were watching one in our garden this morning, the cheeky thing kept going in and out of the hole in the seed container we have hung up for the birds, goodness knows what he was doing but he was in and out of there for ages, sun must have gone to his head!! LOL
Your card is lovely, a great design, and so appropiate!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Jane said...

Hi dear Lisa, this sunshine is such a boost isn't it. I love your bee inspired card it's so sweet..pun intended....and gorgeous colours. I have a sizzix hexie die and funnily enough I have been playing with it and some ideas to make one of my "Moments" to celebrate my birthday and the Easter hols. How lovely that your boys have been able to get outside but brrr the river sounds a bit cold to me. Enjoy the weekend whatever the weather. Hugs xx

PharmacyMichele said...

Lovely card-i have the hexagon dies & never used them! Am inspired now...!!!

Michele

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Lisa, such a fabulous design and I love the way you have created the bumble bees.
I hope you have a good weekend.
hugs Sue xx

Anet's Crafting said...

Gorgeous card Lisa. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Creative Craft Cottage. We would love to see you again … Anet DTx

froebelsternchen said...

A gorgeous card!
Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa.,fab card and I love how you were inspired to make it. Thanks for joining our challenge at Creative Crafty Cottage and hope you will come and join us again soon. Jennifer DT member

Mrs.B said...

This is a lovely card, great use of your new dies.
Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
Avril

Unknown said...

Love your bee themed card and the burlap is a wonderful touch. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday.

Kim x said...

Glad the Bumble bee inspired you to enter our Wings challenge with your lovely card.
Hugs Kimx

Sue U said...

Love your gorgeous card, great design! Thank you for joining in with our challenge at Top Tip Challenge, hugs Sue xx

Unknown said...

Lovely card Lisa, thank you for sharing at Creative Craft Cottage - good luck.
Lyn DT

Pamellia said...

Fabulous card, I just love how you put your bees together! Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday for our 'Wings' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

Marjorie said...

Lovely card Lisa, great design... thank you for playing along with us this week at 'Papertake Weekly'..
Hugs,
Marjorie xx DT

Josephine said...

This is so sweet!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

Annie said...

Lovely CAS! I adore the hexagon dies!! Anyone would be happy to receive this cute card! Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage and hope to see you again soon! :)

Sue U said...

Back again!! Still love this card :-) Thanks for joining in with our "Things With Wings" challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and more - good luck and hope to see you again soon
Hugs, Sue xx