Friday 14 November 2014

Stop the Press...

...I've made a card!  I know?!  I seem to have misplaced my Mojo lately - well, for cardmaking anyway!  I have been busy crocheting hats, creating Christmas decorations and glueing larch cones onto everything in sight, to make items to sell at our Christmas fair in December but I have had no inclination to sit and make a card!  So, to remedy this, I printed off some papers and image from the sewing design set of A Play on Words (not that I have a favourite, of course!) and set about making...
..I pasted the sewing machine .png in my graphics program and layered the sewing machine emboss image over the top, to get this coloured emboss effect, which I really like.  I made some handmade flowers using my punches, including the small star flower shape which I got in my order from The Works - allsorts of items ended up in my basket as there was 25% off including the sweet little bobbin and the pretty buttons, plus a few paper pads (about 6 in all), a mixed ribbon pack and some Christmas gift fillers.  There's 30% off if you spend over £30 this weekend, so I'd better not visit their website!...
...I inked all the edges of the layers with Walnut Stain DI and added some salmon pink, wide, satin ribbon and look!...I even managed to finish the inside with coordinating papers and a panel for writing on!...
...Now all that's left to do is make a box for it to go in...darn bobbin!
Well, that's it from me - a flying visit today - Mum's coming any time for us to plan cards for our workshop next weekend and I need to clear a 6 inch square to work on my crafty table! Have a wonderful weekend and hopefully, the sun may make an appearance!
Big crafty hugs,
I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges :
Challenge #237 - It's Our Birthday until 18th
(HAPPY BIRTHDAY GUYS!)
#45 Special Occasion until tomorrow
#1 Anything Goes / optional stitching until 16th
Anything goes / optional twist Celebration until 17th
Anything Goes / twist Ribbon until 17th
#90 Handmade flowers until 16th

7 comments:

coops said...

so gorgeous lisa.i love all your pretty details and the image and design are stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Sounds like you've been a very busy and industrious lady, wish you could send some of it my way, I'm struggling at the mo to make any dent in my long 'to-do' list :/ Love this latest make, the subject, colours and design are gorgeous and you made your own flowers too! Just fab.
I see that you also end up working in a small space on your desk, thought that was just me, lol.
Lorraine

Blossom Cards said...

lovely card thanks for sharing with FTT this week Rachel dt

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Lisa. I love the image, beautiful papers and such pretty detailing too.
I hope you have a good weekend.
hugs Sue xx

Jacee said...

Such a very pretty card, love it!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Judith said...

I love your card with all those lovely little details - it looks fab, you got your card mojo back i'd say! thank you so much for playing along in our birthday celebrations at Fab'n'Funky this week - hope we see you again for our new challenge where we're doing it all again!! hugs Judith xx

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, love the design and pretty details.

Donna x